Monday, March 23, 2020

the horseman

And I sit silent, contemplating
I explore your wicked way.
I recline and let you rage
considering your your stain'ed page.
In darkened corner I reside
and watch with curiosity,
the ruminations of your petty soul.
Your deadly, mild tease.
I feel the pointed darts
you fire upon me as I pray.
And I feel the consternation as
I try to walk my way.
And I know you deeply fear the
places that my feet may tread.
And I know you have no spirit,
No passion, only dread.
And in the walk, so far,
you feel that I alone am done.
You feel I have been shut away
Your territory won...
But wary, there
my little dear,
I fear I've not begun.
If you wake me, harsh you shake me,
If you make my blood to run.....

Do not rest your laurels on
those feet of clay so red
Do not close your eyes and slumber
on the filthy sheets you bed.
Do not make the deadly error
made by many walked before.
Do not close your eyes and lift
the wary watch upon your door.

I am wakened, I am shaken,
I have counted up the cost.
I have made the calculations,
I have pondered what is lost.
You have pressed me,
You have squeezed until I've no more breath to give.
Now I rise and, with the earth and stone,
will compensation give.

,,,so walk thou softly now, there's something new,
some nameless menace wakes.
A demon from another world, a creeping, groping taste.
It will strip you, leave you naked,
there exposed to their bold glance.
Though you beg with supplication,
It will offer you no chance. 

For though you have forgotten, this darkness has not memory lost
And though you have forgiven, it still remains and counts the cost.
And though you offer up as currency your countenance so bright,
It will expose without remorse all of your rottenness and blight.

So bask within your victory
So hollow and so sweet.
Pay no mind to clouds that gather,
To mustered storm , do pay no heed.
I am coming now,
The horseman now,
He rides upon your door.
Pray in deepest supplication.
He will ride for you no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment